|Eric and my Father in Law playing their guitars.|
2. My amazing mother-in-law is always on top of the dishes-in-the-sink-situation. Seriously, when she's here, there's never a dish in the sink. And, she always is so sneaky about it! I tell her to not worry about them, but when I turn around again, they're done! I'm starting to think she's like Tabitha on Bewitched.
3. It's awesome talking to two people who have been happily married for over 30 years. While my parents have been happily divorced for almost two decades (woah, time flies!), Eric's parents have a lifetime of memories, stories, and great marriage wisdom to share. Not that my parents don't, but when you come from a family where divorce gallops, it's refreshing to have a married couple's (and a couple you highly respect, furthermore) view of marriage.
4. They are so low key and happy to go with the flow. It's been so special coming home from school to find my MIL hanging on the porch reading. I sit and tell her (she's also a teacher) all about my day, we swap stories (and I go to her for advice), we talk about life...and my FIL is pretty much the most easy going person you'd ever meet. Just give him a woodshop with a project to do, and a banana cream pie, and he's good for days.
|Eric and his mother trying to figure out how to stop the A/C from dripping water.|
|Yes, my husband dressed like this for fun as a child. True story: when we got married I made his parents a book of Eric in all of his get-ups from when he was a boy. It was all too cute for words!|
7. I love to hear stories about my guy when he looked like this guy. A little guy. There's nothing like hearing a story about your significant other from their parents' POV, right?
8. I can be 100% myself around them! And I'm not talking about work-self, or even friend-self, but totally me-self. You know what I mean? I know I can be honest in front of them, cry, laugh, be sarcastic...and they never judge, they always listen (actually, my Mother in Law gives some of the world's best advice on dealing with well, humanity), and they make it very clear that they are always supportive and love me.
9. They appreciate everything. Sometimes when I get caught up in day to day life I get overwhelmed and can't stop to focus; but, both my MIL and FIL are two of the world's most grateful and appreciate people...they certainly make me stop, think, slow down and appreciate my life!
|Eric and his parents on a walk through our neighborhood!|