- A black bathing suit, bikini, or both. There is nothing more classic than a black bathing suit. Plus: you can throw on jean shorts (another essential!) with a black bathing suit and strut out into town.
- A lovely and colorful maxi-dress! Again, this could be thrown over a bathing suit or bikini. Also, this could be worn on the beach, or with the jean jacket (7) for a dinner out with the girls and guys.
- Sun hats! You need something to cover your gorgeous face on the beach.
- Strappy sandals; whether it's gladiator sandals or wedges, you need something light and airy on your toesies!
- Books: This summer I've been reading and reading. Check out my top 25 book recommendations, and book recommendations from our blogger friends!
- Straw tote: You need a strong, cute, and summery tote for all your beach days, library hauls, and date nights!
- Jean jacket: Perfect for cook-outs, date nights, even going out into Manhattan! Jean Jacket is an all-seasons staple. Classic.
- Sun-tan lotion and cocoa butter lip balm: protect yourself from that crazy sun!
What have you figured out are your summer essentials?
(I forgot to mention: the Starbucks unsweetened passion iced tea--a must have for summer drives!)