Lovelies, every week we like to link up to some of the articles, posts, and websites from around the internet which stole our heart; we love to share the love...! Find something interesting, fascinating, fun, or lovely through your browse down internet lane? Let us know, we would love to post it!
|The top 10 Most Read Books in the World, based on the number of books printed and sold over the last 50 years.|
- I loved this book review of The Metropolis Case by Bonnie on List of Now; my favorite line? "What best characterized my experience reading this book was that it was fun. Really, really fun. The most fun I’ve had getting to know characters and go on their journey in a good while. I picked it up in the middle of some incredibly stressful weeks of my life and it was an absolutely delightful escape." Sounds like a great read for these cool Fall days!
- Speaking of books, I love these cute book club party ideas for food and decor, from Lesley on By the Porchlight; check out the adorable invitations she found on Pinterest. Her book club read Cutting For Stone, have you read it? I started it, and admittedly didn't get very far before I got distracted by something...I'll pick it up again soon.
- A List of the Top Ten Most Underrated Books Everyone Should Read...have you read any on this list? I haven't read any of them, but I love that Edith Wharton is on the list!
- I love this idea for a new baby girl! A stack of books all about girls who are brave and not princesses...including Pippi Longstocking, Harriet the Spy, Emma, and more. Adorable.
- While we're discussing brave little girls, remember when we styled a Madeline costume for Halloween? She proves that even though you're small, you can feel tall!
- Laura, over at Sweet Life ala Carte, shared her complete and utter love for The Hunger Games Trilogy; have you read it? I haven't! I guess I should?
- Allie, our resident athletic blogger at In Shape Out of Mind recommends two books about running; Jenny also read and loved Born to Run, guess that's another I need to add to my list. Have you read it?
- I have always loved the idea of hanging pages of books on walls, so I simply adore these pages from Shel Silverstein books on a child's room's wall!
- Susan, at the lovely and crafty Homeroad, has a snappy tutorial with these 10 minute DIY bookends! They're so rustic looking and could be made with any antique pieces you come across in your travels.
- I'm always fascinated in what cookbooks chefs actually use...check out Alejandra, of Always Order Dessert's list of cookbooks she loves!
- Have you ever had a "book hangover"? The inability to start a new book because you're still living in the world of the book you just finished? I have!
- Oh boy, my 25 Book Recommendations to Read in Summer post blew up on Pinterest...guess it's time to do a list for Fall and Winter!
- We also shared book picks from some of our favorite blogger friends!
- They don't fit the style of my house, aren't these colorful crackly bookshelves adorable?
- Wouldn't you love this classy and comfy looking book nook in your house?
- And lastly, of course I would flip out for this book-quilt! It's too pretty to use, no? It's the perfect companion to a cup of tea and a favorite book.
- OKAY, one more find: I am madly in love with these bookshelf necklaces! What a great gift these would make for a book lover.