Lovelies, every week we like to link up to some of the articles, posts, and websites from around the internet which stole our heart; we love to share the love...! Find something interesting, fascinating, fun, or lovely through your browse down internet lane? Let us know, we would love to post it!
|Art Print from Illustrated By Jenny|
- Need motivation to do something as little as lacing up your running shoes, or starting a new book, or writing a new piece of music? Check out Allie's post, from In Shape Out Of Mind, about what motivated her while running the New York marathon...have you ever run a marathon? Any of you readers ever run the New York marathon? I can juuuust run one mile on the treadmill. Baby steps, right?
- I love this simple post it note wall of inspiring quotes!
- This Faith, Love, Hope necklace from Peapods n' Birdnests would make a perfect motivational and inspiring gift for someone.
- Lesley, on By the Porchlight, read The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman and questioned, "what does motivate us all?" Do you think humans by nature are always motivated by something?
- Bonnie, on List of Now, has a beautiful list of things which inspire movement in her life.
- Laura, over on Sweet Life ala Carte was motivated to start eating clean after gaining weight and an engagement ring; she stuck to it and, with her expertise in cooking, is exploring all sorts of delicious raw foods and gluten-free recipes.
- One of my all time favorite motivational quotes is "ad astra per aspera"--to the stars through difficulties--and now I can get it written on this beautiful cuff from Etsy.
- Ah, know what the most difficult meal of the day for people to plan and eat is? Breakfast! Need motivation to eat some delicious breakfasts? Check out this list of 15 Back to School Breakfast Ideas from Alejandra at Always Order Dessert.
- I love these "after the rain" photographs taken by Susan at Homeroad; it's a great reminder that sometimes the rain brings a new point of view and perspective on life.
- Want to read something motivational but not cheesy? I loved Katie Couric's book The Best Advice I Ever Got; it's full of stories from famous people who have led tough lives, and have risen above their past to lead extraordinary lives. So many great quotes in this book! (I have two quotes from this book hanging in my classroom).
- Someday, when I have a little girl (because I will, right? Isn't that how life works? Women have girls?) I can't wait to give her a piece of jewelry with one of my favorite quotes on it: "And though she be but little she be fierce" from Shakespeare. Isn't that adorable for a little girl?
- Wouldn't this "Are You Happy?" chart be a great addition to a classroom or an office space? Love the colors and the message, obviously.