Lovelies, every week we like to link up to some of the articles, posts, and websites from around the internet which stole our heart; we love to share the love...! Find something interesting, fascinating, fun, or lovely through your browse down internet lane? Let us know, we would love to post it!
|Photo by Ken Kienow, styled by Laura of Sweet Life ala Carte|
- Did you know it's super easy to build a gorgeous cheese platter? Laura, over at Sweet Life ala Carte has worked in wineries, vineyards, cheese shops, as well as designing many a delicious looking recipe and has super easy suggestions to building a lovely cheese platter!
- Speaking of wine, Lesley over at By the Porchlight has an ingenious idea for making memories: a memory jar of all the corks from your most loved bottles of wine (once they're gone, of course!). Do you save corks?
- Also speaking of wine...how do you de-stress? I do it exactly like Allie, from In Shape Out Of Mind...with popcorn! This blog post about her stressful Saturday, including photos, had me laughing out loud.
- Ah, this is so cool: wooden flooring made from old wooden wine boxes! Eco friendly and uber stylish.
- If you're someone who does use wine to de-stress, check out this awesome DIY bar cart from Susan at Homeroad. She took a cart she found on the side of the road and made it look so retro and classy! Color me impressed.
- What happens when you do a little too much de-stressing with wine? Allie, from In Shape Out Of Mind, suggests pouring some good ol' cranberry juice into a...well, go see for yourself.
- Bonnie, from List of Now, has wine on her hurricane preparedness list...she also has dessert chex mix, so I approve. I would also include apple juice and sweet potato chips. I'm so wild.
- What a great gift idea, and also eco-friendly: candles made from vintage wine bottles.
- Do you love cheese? Would you ever have a wedding cake composed of cheese (not a cheesecake...)? Check out these beautiful (and delicious, I'm assuming) cheese cakes!
- Have you ever been to Vermont? We went, and actually didn't eat ANY cheese (that's a lie, we had cheese on this disgusting pizza we had). However, Vermont has a Cheese Trail you can follow and try all sorts of cheeses! So cool. Bachelorette party, anyone?
- What sort of cheeses do you just drool over? I love this cheese map which shows you which cheeses are salty, nutty, etc...wouldn't this be a cool thing to hang up at a party?
- Want a cute and eco-friendly way to label cheeses at your next party? Check out these upcycled vintage forks, labeled with different cheese names. Adorable.
- Have leftover red wine from a party? Check out this delicious recipe from Alejandra, at Always Order Dessert, for Red Wine and Rosemary Braised Lamb Shanks. Mouth watering!
- This French Cheese Club website has good (and pretty) charts of pairings for wine and cheese.