|Driving sans bambino!|
The Longest Shortest Time: I don't remember how I came across TLST, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that it saved my heart many a nights. The whole premise behind Hillary Frank's amazing Podcast is that it is for new parents, up at 3:00am...to not feel so alone! And, it worked. I used to rock Weston, while I had headphones in, listening to show after show, and felt like I had a friend who understood what I was going through. I am a huge fan of Ms. Frank and feel like she is single handedly changing the rules and regulations about what new parents are "allowed" to discuss. Any parent, or soon-to-be-parent should most definitely tune in to TLST!
Parenting Unplugged Radio: If you need a good laugh, or need a fast-paced, witty, and yet, educational Podcast, I highly recommend tuning in to Todd and Laura Mansfield's conversations about raising children, marriage, and life. I love the banter, the raw, gritty discussions, and the topics which totally make you think! Sometimes it is a little out there, but there is always a lesson to be learned, an interesting interview to ponder, or some great questions to bring back to your home.
Stuff Mom Never Told You: You know those girls in school who were super friendly and seemed to know everything about everything? That is Caroline and Cristen. They cover amazingly interesting topics, and they cover every single detail! It's like a history-sociology-best friend lesson in one. I love the topics they discuss, and I always learn something new without even realizing it. They're fun, quick, and witty to listen to.
The Paleo View: As a paleo-lover, I am a big fan of Stacy and Sarah's discussions about life, parenthood, marriage, working parenthood, and...yes, cooking. Not every single topic is about leading a paleo lifestyle, but I love how they interject a paleo lifestyle into their topics. They're friendly, fun to listen to, and educational without being preachy!
Other Podcasts I Love:
- The Brian Lehrer Show (good episode: In Defense of Helicopter Parenting)
- The Leonard Lopate Show (good episode: Ethical Parenting)
- NPR Fresh Air With Terry Gross (fun episode: Interview With the Writers of 'Let It Go!')
- Freakonomics Radio (favorite Podcast episodes: What You Don't Know About Online Dating, The Economists Guide to Parenting)
- This American Life (crazy episode: Bad Baby (seriously, it's life-shaking))
- Here's the Thing With Alec Baldwin (favorite episode: Billy Joel!)
- Go Fork Yourself (favorite episode: Whole30 With Melissa Hartwig!)
- Working Motherhood (favorite episode: interview with The Paleo Mom)
- The Family Anatomy Podcast (favorite episode: Anatomy of the Fourth Trimester)