Lovelies, we made it--it's Summertime! Almost. School is almost, almost over for the year, and that, to any teacher, is the official start of summer.
I've been posting frequently on here about big topics (breastfeeding, paleo babies, thinking globally about parenting), but realized, it's been a while since we posted about the little things happening in our lives. The mundane, the every day, the happy, calm, boring things. So, what's been going on by us?
- Eric and I did some yard-sale-ing recently and stumbled upon the motherload of practically new Carter's and Osh Kosh boy's clothing for .50 cents a piece! Hello, new wardrobe for Fall. We ended up getting 63 articles of clothing (not a stain or smudge on anything!) for $35, and this awesome Leapfrog Music Table for $5. Score! I also did a little garage-sale-ing on my own, and bought Weston three outside toys, including a Step 2 Red Car, for $20. I'm so excited to be outside with him all summer.
- I know you all read my blog-friend Delighted Momma's post on Secondary Drowning, but did you see she was on Good Morning America about it too? Go Lindsay!
- I've been writing up a storm for other websites, check out my posts on Long Island Mamas about fun children's activities in Huntington Station, introducing art to babies and children, and family oriented outdoor nighttime activities for summer on Long Island.
- I've also been continuing to complete challenges for Rookie Moms, including being a tourist in my own town (Huntington!), and trying to stop talking about baby sleep.
- As a new contributing writer for the wonderful Hint Mama, I posted my tips about getting out of the house faster with a baby in tow.
- Speaking of my writing, I'm going to be launching my gorgeous new writing website soon, including the photos I took with the wonderful Molly Leon.
- Weston is now standing, and holding on to things while he walks! It's so super exciting, but also tiring! He's incredibly active, and boy oh boy, does the boy love to get into everything. He climbed into the laundry basket the other night!
|Screen shot of Married at First Sight|
- Haven't heard from Jenny for a while? She's been busy, you know...working at her dream job (graphic design!), and waiting for her new television show to premiere! What?! Yup. Cheerleader For Love, our very own Jenny, is going to be officiating weddings on a new A&E special called Married at First Sight! So exciting!
- Have you been reading our Music and Motherhood posts? I love all the interviews!
- Father's Day is this weekend! Eric and I started a tradition of getting the other one a children's book (from Weston) for holidays, check out these unique children's books about dads.
- Weston's swim class starts in two weeks and I am sans swimsuit. I want a tankini, but I haven't found any I loved (I haven't looked that hard, either...).
- I really want a jersey maxi skirt for the summer, something with a banded top, and a full skirt...for those hot days that I don't feel like wearing jean shorts. Any suggestions?